top of page

Your Questions Answered

Can I just turn up or do I have to book?

Tickets must be pre-booked and are not available to buy at the entrance, you will not be permitted on site without proof of purchase.

Do adults need to have a ticket?

Yes. All tickets for both adults and children are £8.

Do I need to buy a ticket for my 12 month old?

Yes. Babies under 1 go free!

Do you have parking?

Yes. Parking is free and just 100 metres from our entrance.

Can I bring a picnic?

Of course! We have plenty of space for you to lay your picnic blankets, alternatively you may want to use one of our many picnic benches around the campfire. 

Can I bring my dog to the farm?

We ask customers to not bring their dogs to the farm as it can be distressing for our animals. 

Will I be allowed to feed and stroke the animals?

Absolutely! We pride ourselves on offering a hands on experience at Yew Tree Farm School. Our staff will always be on hand to assist and provide you with suitable feed for our animals during one of our animal talks.

Do you have hand washing facilities?

Hand washing is paramount when handling animals therefore we have plenty of sustainable hand washing stations. Please note, in an effort to reduce litter we do not provide paper towels.

Are you wheelchair friendly?

We are a working farm with no designated pathways but wheels suitable for mixed terrain would have no problem accessing all areas open to the public.

Do you sell food and drink?

We do not have a café on the farm. However we do sell marshmallows for the campfire at £1 each. The Railway Tea Rooms which is no more than 300 metres from the entrance sell drinks, sandwiches and delicious cakes for various dietary requirements. If you would like to find out more please contact

Do I have to pay for animal feed?

No. All our animals food will be provided as part of your farm experience.

Do I have to arrive at 10am or can I come later?

You are welcome to arrive at your convenience. The farm will be open from 10am and an event schedule will be shared with times slots for various animal talks online and via our social media account. Please note we close at 3pm.

Do you have a gift shop?

Not at this time. If you would like a souvenir to remember your day, perhaps you would like to join in with our craft in the canopy? 

Do you have toilets?

Well maintained toilets and baby changing facilities are situated next to the Railway Tea Rooms.

How much are tickets for the diesel trains?

Tickets for the diesel trains are available to buy at the Tea Rooms on the day of your visit. Tickets are £4 for adults and £1.50 for children, babies go free.

Can I take photos and videos?

Of course! Please be mindful of other visitors who may not want to have their photo taken. If you would like to share your images with us please send them via our Facebook page or send them to

I have deleted my confirmation email, what can I do?

Please email to have your confirmation email re-sent to you.

Can I hire you for a private function?

Yes! Please contact our Marketing Manager to find out more

Do you offer a carers discount?

Guests who have the following documentation are entitled to one free carer ticket. However, the
guest with the disability and any further members of their party will pay full price. Please send
through a copy of the relevant paperwork as well as suitable photo ID of the named recipient
upon booking your tickets to

For proof of disability, please send us any ONE of the following forms
of documentation:

● Entitlement to Disability Living Allowance for children under 16 or DLA/Personal
Payments (PIP) for those aged 16-64, either in the form of a letter stating that the
benefit has been
awarded, or the actual Allowance book
● Attendance Allowance or Carer's Allowance letter of award
● Incapacity Benefit books, or a letter notifying the recipient that the benefit has been
● Incapacity Benefit or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
● A valid Blue Badge
● In the case of visual impairment, a registration card known as the BD8 or a Certificate
of Visual
Impairment (CVI)
● A local authority registration document which is local to the attraction where it is being
● A recognised Assistance Dog ID Card
● Credibility’s Access Card

A carer must be over 16 years of age and capable of assisting the guest who has the disability.
The carer would be expected to understand the disabled person’s condition and assist them in
managing it for the duration of their visit.

How do I get to the farm?

Yew Tree Farm School is situated in Bredgar, Sittingbourne. The nearest station lines are Sittingbourne or Harrietsham. 

bottom of page